To Market

10.26.2015

 Retro Mama ballerina doll

Aren't you just so inspired by all the amazing photos from Quilt Market this past weekend?? My fabric shopping list for this winter and spring is getting very long! I wasn't able to attend, but I did make a little batch of samples for my friends at Blend Fabrics. I received a beautiful box of fabric, and when I laid eyes on Josephine Kimberling’s new line I immediately pictured a ballerina doll that was ever-so-slightly edgier than usual. Hand drawn florals, dots, and stripes were perfect for pairing with black satin ribbon!

 Retro Mama ballerina doll

 Retro Mama ballerina doll
A couple layers of tulle over the skirt softens it nicely. And because I get the occasional question about the skirt closure, here is a view of the back. It's just a simple tie, which also makes the dress reversible.

 Retro Mama ballerina doll
 Retro Mama ballerina doll
 Retro Mama ballerina doll
 Retro Mama ballerina doll
 Retro Mama ballerina doll
Next up...

Maude Asbury designs the most fun modern retro prints! Her new line, Colorific, is full of bright geometrics that are perfect for making mod critter softies. I liked how the doxie’s 60s style eyelashes looked so much with these fabrics that I put them on my mini elephant, too!

The doxie was made at 90% of the full pattern size with no other alterations, so it is about 2-3” smaller than the regular sized dog. I love those bits of dark green mixed in with the brights.

 Retro Mama doxie softie
 Retro Mama doxie softie
 Retro Mama doxie softie

Wee elephant was made with the templates printed at 75% of full size with no other adjustments, and is about 6” tall. I used the eyelash template from the doxie for the eyes and I love how it turned out! And sooo easy, too!

 Retro Mama elephant softie
All of these fabrics will be available soon!

Elephant and ballerina, and doxie sewing patterns can be found in my shop.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, truly amazing. This looks pretty wonderful. Can you give us a tutorial on how you made these? Kind of curious that’s why. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete