the big three oh oh oh

3.05.2012

I always throw myself a little imaginary party when I hit a fun milestone, although I'd be lying if I didn't admit that actual Thin Mints were involved in my latest party. Apparently Indiana is a big Girl Scout state--you can't leave the house without running into a cookie stand outside of stores. Not that I'm complaining.

This week's celebration is because I have had over 3000 sales at Etsy! In addition to treating myself to a few cookies, I've allowed myself some much desired time to sew.

retro mama: elephant softies


I'm frequently asked about fabrics for softies, so I'm always keeping a lookout for the "perfect" prints for my soft toys. It's not an easy task. I love bold, bright prints, but they are often so busy that the embroidered eyes get lost in the pattern. And finding cute fabrics for boys is a whole 'nother thing. But lo and behold, my friends at the brand-new Blend Fabrics sent over some gorgeous prints from this talented gal's Magic Garden collection, and they are indeed perfect.

Photobucket


Photobucket


See? {love}

Photobucket


Things are busy busy busy, and with about 15 projects in various stages of completion, I'm getting so anxious to show them to you guys! So I'd best get back to work sewing/drafting/writing, which is also an excellent excuse to catch up on some old-new favorite shows.

In the meantime, keep yourself busy by stocking up on patterns and felt during the last days of my spring sale! Use the code LEAP15 at checkout from my Etsy shop for 15% off your order through Thursday, 3/8. The patterns in my sidebar are pre-discounted.

Happy stitching!
Kim

23 comments:

  1. I do just love your darling animals!! They are sew cute!! I also just bought some Thin Mints, last night while I was at work! lol. ...They are every where! :) Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable elephants! I love everything you do. I recently bought a bunch of your patterns and haven't decided which to stitch up. I think I'm now leaning towards this pattern! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá querida, tudo bem?

    Adorei esse blog, é muito lindo.

    Esses elefantinhos são muito fofinhos

    lindos de viver.

    Parabéns e um beijo

    Regina Célia

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the elephants. Enjoy your 30s. That's when most women really "bloom".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these cute elephants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation on the milestone! Love these cute elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all accounts....big smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bought a pattern, can't wait to make some little elephants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    Really cute elephants!
    Greetings from europe.
    birti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kim,
    this is my first visit to your blog.
    He is wonderful..
    Your little elephants are so cute.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Many greetings
    from Germany ;o)

    Swaani

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've already made 2 elephants and I plan to make more! I love your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your 3000 sales!! That's Great! You make the cutest items! I love these elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the sales! Love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on reaching 3000 sales, I have to say your elephants are just the cutest, wonderful fabrics to.
    H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want the pattern to this project, but it was sold out on your site!!! Will it be available again?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The elephant pattern is back in stock, please try again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are delightful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i AB-SO-LUTLEY love these elephant's there sooooo cute!!! i am more of a free hand stitcher i never follow instructions so i tried to make one and it went terribley wrong!! oh well now he's an applique on a cushion!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Che meraviglia di lavori! Ti ho scoperto grazie a Casa Creativa e ti seguo sicuramente. se vuoi passare anche dal mio giovane blog di aspetto!
    Complimeti!!!!
    Ely

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really liked your elephant and so I saw him, ran to some to give away. see my blog as it was.

    http://filosfitasequirifofos.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Olá, Kim, amei seus elefantinhos e fiz um para meu sobrinho, seguindo seu desenho. Passe em meu blog e veja se ficou legal. Seus trabalhos são lindos e me inspiram! Beijos
    http://flordocampoatelier.blogspot.com.br/2012/05/elefantes-de-tecido-um-amor.html

    ReplyDelete